Home » News
[ Back to News ]
July 26, 2012
Saving Lives With Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Amanda’s Law was passed in February 2010, instructing all housing to install carbon monoxide detectors in an effort to save lives. Stillman Property Management embarked on a program to ensure that every unit in every property managed by them has had an approved detector installed.
The following comments received from a unit owner are testimony as to why this law was passed:
“I’ve been meaning to email you. About a week ago my girlfriend made something in the oven and left. I fell asleep on the couch with the AC on. Around 4:00 AM I was awakened by the carbon monoxide detector going off. She forgot to turn the oven off. The windows were closed and I would have surely died. I opened all the windows and put a fan on. The levels went down to zero in no time.
Thanks very much to Stillman and the Board for saving my life with the mandatory installation of the CO1 detectors. If you repeat this story, that would be great."
Image by CarbonMonoxideDetectorAlarms.com